5 best scar removal creams in India
Every scar has a story. Some people want to keep them, while some may feel conscious about them. Scars are a natural part of the skin’s healing process. They can result from a skin problem such as acne or after surgeries, skin diseases and accidents. Scars fade with time, while certain severe scars may remain for a longer time. But you can reduce their visibility by using the best scar removal creams in India.
Are scar removal creams effective to reduce marks?
Scar removal creams can help to reduce scars in three ways:
- They provide moisture to keep the area around the scarred skin soft
- These creams strengthen the skin barrier to protect it from environmental irritants, and retain hydration
- They support the development of cells that form new connective tissue beneath the scar, which eventually exfoliates to replace the scar tissue
- Scar removal creams can even help to enhance the skin texture upon regular use.
5 best scar removal creams in India
While there are several ways to reduce scars naturally, check out our top picks for best scar removal cream brands in India, and why they may be effective for blemish-free skin.
1. Mederma intensive overnight scar cream
This cream regenerates skin cells and lessens the visibility of scars on your facial skin. It has Tripeptol, a combination of collagen, peptides, and antioxidants that nourish and improve the health of your skin. Additionally, it contains a botanical extract called Cepalin that deeply enters the skin to hydrate it and encourage the formation of collagen. To cure damage, this non-greasy nighttime cream works in conjunction with the skin’s natural repair process.
2. Re’equil Acne Clarifying Gel
This gel contains several beneficial natural ingredients that lighten old scars and stop new ones from forming. It evens out the skin by modifying the dermal structure. The thin gel strengthens the skin’s built-in defenses and offers anti-inflammatory, anti-acne, and antioxidant characteristics to lessen the visibility of scars.
3. LanBeNa Acne Scar Mark Removal Gel
This cream is used to repair scars from burns, acne, surgery, and other skin problems. Its natural ingredients encompass sophora botanical extracts, which dissolve scar tissues to reveal firm and healthy skin. It makes the skin smooth and assists in the growth and healing of damaged blood vessels and nerve cells. This cream repairs broken collagen fibres and boosts the metabolism of bottom skin cells to strengthen and smooth the skin.
4. TruHabit GreenCure Scaroff Herbal Scar Removal Cream
The formulation of this cream uses herbal elements to lessen the visibility of dark spots, stretch marks, cuts, and burns. Its powerful mixture comprises onion extract, which lightens pigmentation and naturally cures the skin. Arnica, which has anti-inflammatory properties, is also included in this skin-smoothing and nourishing cream to lessen flaking and dryness. Activating the formation of collagen, Centella Asiatica treats wounds while the magnolia extract in the mix restores skin softness. This results in more youthful-looking skin.
5. ALPHA CHOICE Blemishes and Pigmentation Removal Face Cream
This cream is a unisex combination that contains aloe vera extract, xanthan gum, vitamin E, and licorice extract. To remove scar tissue, it goes deeply into the skin. The face cream’s pH-balanced mix moisturises the skin while enhancing its firmness and texture. The non-toxic cream is effective on all skin types.
How to apply scar removal cream over the skin?
Here are some general tips to use a scar removal cream effectively:
- Use a gentle soap to thoroughly wash your skin, then pat it dry
- Do not use any other skin care products on the scar area
- Directly apply the scar removal cream to the scar
- You may or may not be able to apply makeup over it, depending on the instructions. Read the directions on the packaging to be certain
- Some creams must be left on overnight, while others must be removed with water after use
- Use the cream as directed each day until the scar has faded entirely
- If you experience any unusual effects such as redness, itching, or other symptoms, stop using the product and see a dermatologist. Although these might be common side effects of a technique, it is preferable to use the scar removal cream after consulting a skincare professional.
How to choose the right scar removal cream?
Choose a scar removal cream with all-natural, safe components.
Verify that any chemical formulas you use have been approved by recognised organisations like the FDA before utilising them. Onion extract, aloe vera, vitamin E, allantoin, glycolic acid, and silicone are a few examples of ingredients that you must look for in an effective scar removal screen.
Although OTC topical scar removal treatments are secure to use, it never hurts to speak with a dermatologist to make sure you are taking the appropriate steps. Your doctor can assist you in developing a more comprehensive scar removal or reduction routine.